August 15, 2011

Great Weekend

So seeing as I said I'm looking for new things to do.  A few weeks ago I decided I'm going to volunteer to work at a wine festival.  It was fun and different.  It was down in a small town past Annapolis as you go into Southern Maryland.  It was great and a quaint town right on the bay.  I had such a great time.  I went down there by myself to volunteer at an event called Eat Drink Go Local.  It is all about promoting local vineyards/wine and restaurants.  So I poured wine at a pairing tent for about 3 hours then I got a pass after to go around and taste both wine and food.  It made me realize something.  As I was walking around and just chatting it up with anyone pouring wine or tasting wine (it was a wine festival not much else was happening) whether it was at a pairing tent or just a vineyard's tent, I was asking questions and just carrying on general conversation.  I realized that a few years ago maybe even last year... if I were going to try something new it would always be with someone and if no one could come with me then I would not go.  I would chicken out and now not only did I go by myself but I ended up talking to a bunch of people and being asked if I want to volunteer for some of the vineyards at future festivals.  I guess I realize I'm more adventurous than I ever thought.      

I guess all it takes is a little faith that you have the guts to do whatever you set your mind to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment