October 11, 2011

October

So far October has been a really busy month.  I have been in 4 different states and we are not even half way through.  The beginning started out with a trip to Florida.  Then a trip to Rhode Island.  Obviously I live here and then on Sunday I was in Delaware for a brief second to pick people up before we went to Milburn Orchards. (I really love their apples) 

It has been great!  The only thing is I need to start giving myself more time to be home and clean... besides that I have been working out and going to different things in and out of the city.  Tomorrow I am going to see second city at Centerstage because they had this great deal for the season that anyone between the age of 21 and 34 can get an unlimited pass to all the regular shows.  So a few of us got it because it was so cheap!!  So it will be nice to have a source of entertainment that I don't have to think about other than getting there.  We are also going to carve pumpkins at some point... at least I am.

So in other words I'm just really busy, between work and home.  I really like it because I'm experiencing so many different things.  I'm also finding time to cook too.  Especially in the crock pot.  I made pulled pork and butternut squash soup this weekend and both were great.  My only complaint is that MJ ate most of the pulled pork by himself.  I would have liked to have more but at least there is a lot of soup and I have more of that.  Maybe I need to invest in another crock pot this year since that has been my big kick.  This weekend I think I will be making applesauce and try to make apple butter for the first time.

Oh and if you love pumpkin spice lattes as much as I do.  I found a recipe on Baltimore Sun's website.  I'm trying it soon.  I will let you know how good it is.

DIY pumpkin spice latte

Note: Adapted from the blog FrugalDreamer.com.

Servings: 2

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
1 cup strong brewed coffee
Whipped cream
Cinnamon, optional

Combine milk, pumpkin and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Whisk the mixture until foamy. Transfer into two mugs, filling each only half way; top with coffee. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.

2 comments: